Do you follow the rule that you can not have lunch after 17 or 18 hours? Time does not matter, something else is important.
If you had dinner at 17:00 and went to bed after 2 hours, it would be natural. However, if you go to bed at midnight, you definitely shouldn’t starve for so long. The statement that if we want to lose weight, after 17 or 6 pm we should not eat anything is just a very common myth. According to the world-famous nutritionist Manuel Villacort, in general this is not the case. A balanced late dinner is often more natural.
Follow other rules
During the day, we should consume 70% of calories, and the remaining 30% for dinner. Before going to bed, you need to give the body enough time to digest food. It is recommended to eat the last meal from 90 minutes to 2 hours before bedtime. We will not be full and we will not be hungry. Then we’d better go to sleep. We won’t be hungry at night and we won’t wake up tired and weak in the morning. With an empty stomach, we will not be able to maintain the digestive tract, including the liver, when the body cannot sufficiently regenerate, process energy and accumulate fat reserves.
How to share food
Some people like to eat 1.5 hours before bedtime, others – 2-3 hours before bedtime. If we go to bed around 22:00, you can eat at 19:00, and if we go to bed at midnight, dinner can be at 21:00. A good solution is a second dinner, when we can eat 2 smaller dinners. The first at 18:00, the second at 21:00. Then you need to save carbohydrates and it is best to do without them. Eat a few slices of ham or low-fat cheese and some vegetables without bread. If you find it difficult to digest raw vegetables, they can be smothered or lightly fried.
Instead of risotto or spaghetti, mix vegetables with a piece of cheese, ham, egg or tuna. Choose low-carb vegetables such as cauliflower, eggplant, squash or pumpkin. If that’s not enough for you, add legumes. They contain a lot of protein and saturate. Add cumin, fennel, basil, marjoram or rosemary to prevent bloating.